Sunday 8 November 2009

Slow Ghost

Since I updated my edition of Norton Ghost (I have version 14 and the update for it was fifty megabytes; more than some full programs) it has been very slow when it backs up my laptop to the external USB drive. It is set to create one base back up once a month and make incremental backups in between.

Since I upgraded it has taken at least two hours for every back up irrespective if it was a base backup or incremental. I have checked the settings and it is definitely set to do the base and incremental updates. The problem is that it’s set to kick off at 10 pm, which means a midnight finish. Not the best things for Sunday night. I may have to adjust the settings – get it starting during the day for one – and see if I can adjust it so that the increments go back to taking the five or ten minutes they took before I updated the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.