Wednesday 9 September 2009

The Evil in Pemberley House

I was just over to the website of Subterranean Press and noticed that The Evil in Pemberley House is now shipping and for sale. I actually bought the signed version of this way back in February and it’s great to see it finally released. Let’s hope there aren’t any problems shipping my copy over the Atlantic. I bought a Theodore Sturgeon book that took ages to come across the Atlantic, but that was due to the bookseller going with a specific courier.

I made the order on hearing of the passing of Philip Jose Farmer at the beginning of this year. I only have a handful of his works but what I did read impressed me greatly; he was a fine and vivid writer.

I’m really looking forward to reading this book. It is about the daughter of ‘Doc Savage’ and how she visits a house she has inherited. Going from titbits on the official blog it’s a work that Farmer started way back in the seventies but never finished.

I loved the Doc Savage novels too, although I gave away as many as I’ve kept. They’re great fun to read and show a breadth of imagination from the original (main) author Lester Dent. In fact – assuming reasonable prices – I might pick up a few more Doc novels for reading. There are one hundred and eighty of them and I’ve read perhaps twenty to thirty.

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.