Thursday 18 June 2009

USB Email Clients

I tried a couple of USB email clients. One wouldn't even connect to the server at all.

Thunderbird was given a second chance and fluffed it again. Something that is simple in Outlook and Outlook Express, changing identities, is apparently non existent in Thunderbird.

The help page for that topic wouldn't come up when I went online, kept timing out. It kept the outgoing settings for the Yahoo email address without even offering me the option to put in the correct details.

This is a big no no when I'm trying to log on to one of my domain names which has nothing to do with Yahoo and hence gives an authentication and password not accepted error. I looked around the Options and Settings but I couldn’t see where it would let me change the outgoing mail options. It was either default (Yahoo) or nothing. If only Outlook Express or the Vista equivalent, Mail, was portable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.