Saturday 27 June 2009

My Web Site Very Slow

I’ve had a lot of trouble connecting to the blogs today. going to the root page was no problem. whether it was the host, my broadband connection of the software I don’t know.

The FTP plugin within Firefox had difficulty too. It might be the WordPress databases as a test of broadband speed told me it was working at 3.9Mbps.

I tried to post a blog straight from Windows Live Writer to the Bob Shaw blog but it came up an error saying it couldn't connect.

After some more time I know it’s definitely a Wordpress based problem as the front page of my website loads okay and the blog was successfully posted to Blogger.

I try and log in to create a backup and that takes ages too.

The post on the Bob Shaw blog got posted twice so I'll have to remove one when I get onto the site and the blogs. The whole thing is really slow and starting to give me some concern, particularly as it was over a week since I last did a backup of the site. I haven't posted too much but I have posted.

EDIT: The other cause for possible slowness is the host. It may be the server the website is on. I've just tried the site again and a very small jpeg it taking ages to download. I type in their name and it takes a while to load. So I'm betting they're the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.