Wednesday 24 February 2010

The Dry Patch

Two reasons for the post title. A) I’ve nothing to blog about at the moment and B) this link at the blog Big Beat From Badsville is responsible (I believe inspiration is the polite term) for what is below.

The Dry Patch – A Great Detective Story

It was with trepidation and sadness that I picked up my bags and made for the door. My friend the Great Detective had not been working on any cases for months. ‘You need a break my dear friend,’ he told me ‘writing up all my adventures must take it out of you and since there is a lull this is the best time for you to rest.’

‘No no I'm fine,’ I insisted, but he had already made the booking.

‘A small two horse town, called Dunnum,' he informed me. 'You shall enjoy your stay at the Dunnum Inn I can assure you. I've booked you into the inn for the whole weekend. On Monday I shall visit and solve the crime.’

‘Visit?’ I queried ‘Crime?’ It beggared belief. My friend the Great Detective was so good he could smell a murder a mile off!

‘Best be off with you or you'll miss your train,’ he commanded. ‘If you can't reach Dunnam by nightfall I'm sure someone in the nearby town of Angam will put you up.’

This lifted my spirits and so I set off to the Dunnum Inn in a cheery mood.

2 comments:

  1. LOL. Very good. I am honoured to have been the inspiration! And don't tell me...the big house in Angam is called Angam Hall? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, spot on Donna. There's also a tourist attraction, the Angam Eye.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.